Friday, May 25, 2018

Field Of Future Wishes

I was driving to work this morning and I simply couldn’t keep the smile off my face. The sun was shining, the trees were green, there was fun music on the radio, and to top it all off I drove past a field bathed in a sea of yellow. Dandelions. A whole field full of dandelions. If you’re one of my long time readers you know how much I like dandelions and know that I have written a post about them in the past. Well, as I drove past that beautiful yellow field, I realized every single one of those dandelions is a future wish, just waiting to be made, waiting to come true.

You’ve all heard it. How if you blow on a dandelion when it’s all that white fluff, make a wish, and you set all the seeds flying in one breath, then your wish will come true. I, for one, have made hundreds of dandelion wishes. As I’m sure many of you have as children, if not even now. Everyone’s got wishes of one form or another. Some are big, some small, but all equally important to the one doing the wishing. Dandelions don't discriminate; they accept all your wishes equally. And there are certainly plenty of dandelions to go around. The wisher, however, seems to be becoming more and more rare.

Why is it that wishing on dandelions, wishing at all, is seen as so silly as adults? We all have wishes, but why are we so afraid to admit it? Is it because we’re afraid they’ll never come true? Afraid of getting our hopes up only to have them crushed by reality? Well, we can't just wish on a dandelion and expect our wish to come true the next day. That, in fact, is silly. We need two things to make our wishes come true: faith and hard work.

Making our wishes come true takes faith. Before we can sufficiently work for something we need to actually believe it can happen. We need to believe our wish can in fact come true. How many of us just put off our dreams and wishes as wishful thinking? Talk ourselves out of them before they even have a chance? I know I do. We need to trust that if our wishes are supposed to come true, God will make it happen. He has the power to make our dreams a reality. But we need to believe that, believe in our wishes.

Once you fully believe in your wish and go blow on your dandelion, well then you need to work for it. We can’t just expect everything to come to us. Making our wishes come true takes hard work. If I wish for the chance to travel across the country for example, well I may get the chance, but will I have the ability to if I don’t have the money to do so? I need to make sure I have a job and enough money in my bank account before I can realistically go. Or if someone wishes for a better job, do they have the qualifications for it? Do they have the education or skill? Perhaps before their wish can come true they need to go back to school or work their way up the ladder, learning as they go, to get the job they want.

Blowing on a dandelion probably won’t make your wishes come true, but it’s a good start. Every one of those bright yellow dandelions in that field will turn white soon and I know I won't be afraid to wish on them, blow all those seeds off into the heavens with my wishes in tow. With faith like a child has when blowing on a dandelion, I will trust that my wishes will in fact come true If God wants them to. As long as I am willing to work for them and believe in them. What will you wish for on your dandelion?

No comments:

Post a Comment