Monday, January 2, 2017

Year Of Adventure


"To live would be an awfully big adventure" ~ Peter Pan. I know I've brought up this quote before, but seeming as it's kind of my life motto, you should know in advance that it will probably come up in more than one blog post. So today it has come up again. And with good reason.

Today is the first day of 2017. Last year, as some of you know, my new years goal was to write one good thing a day on a card and I kept them in a jar. Some days it was hard, the only good thing I could come up with being sleep. And of course there were also the days so full of good things it took up the whole card. It taught me to find the good in every day and really improved my outlook on life. In fact I enjoyed doing it so much, and enjoyed looking through them all at the end of the year, that I was kind of sad I wouldn't be doing it anymore. The year was over and I needed a new New Years Goal. After thinking about it I've declared this coming year a year of adventure. A year of risks, flying leaps, and LIVING.
I've always been a very cautious person, to a fault sometimes. So, to force myself to take more risks, I've decided to have one adventure a day. One risk a day. One thing I wouldn't normally do. Some might be as simple as trying a new food, some as crazy as moving to another state. "To live would be an awfully big adventure" after all, and I plan on 2017 being a year full of adventure!

What is your New Years Goal? I would love to hear about it! And remember, if you like what you read, please share with your friends, follow me on facebook at Jessica Page, and subscribe to my blog with your email so you never miss a post! Thank you for reading! Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment