Tuesday, December 1, 2015

One Year Anniversary

A year ago today something very special happened. I worked up the courage to do something I never thought I would do. I began to share my writing in a way I never thought I could. I started this blog! And it has been quite a year!

It began as a way to get myself to share my writing without worrying about it so much. They would be short little glimpses into events and what I’ve learned from them, not big long chapter books or poems where every word holds multiple meanings. Less stressful that way.The first post was an explanation of what I hoped to do with my blog and that goal is still very much the same. I want to share my writing and what I learn from different experiences in hopes of encouraging my readers to do some pondering of their own. And through doing that, I hope to maybe make this crazy world we live in just a little bit brighter.

Yesterday I took some time to read through all of the posts, everything from my introduction to the most recent post in November. And something I noticed while I was reading was that it will be a little difficult to write posts this next year because I already wrote about quite a few holidays and those are the easiest posts to write! But that’s ok, I’m sure I’ll find plenty of other things to write about.

I also noticed that through this year of writing these blog posts my writing style has, and continues to, get deeper. In the first few posts they are light hearted and simple. Later posts hold more meaning, they are more personal. And as I continue into this next year of blogging I hope to find a nice balance of the two.

And finally, as I read through all these posts, I realized that I have quite a few favorites. “A Charlie Brown Christmas”, ”Many Hats”, “Street Sweeper”, “Life’s a Circus” and “Nature Walk” just to name a few. I hope to add a few more to that list as I continue to write.

I look forward to this next year of writing new blog posts and I hope all of you continue to read them! And please feel free to share my blog with your friends and family! Thank you all for your support!  Do you have a favorite blog post of mine? Let me know in the comments!

If you would like to stay updated on when I post a new post or any other writing I’m doing, please feel free to like my Facebook page! Just look up “Jessica Page” and it should come up, or click on the link on the upper right hand corner of this page.

Thank you for reading! Here’s to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment