Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine's Day

Well, it’s February again! That means Valentine’s Day. The candy hearts have been out since Christmas and the flower shops are getting ready for their big orders. You would think that a fairytale loving girl like myself would love valentine’s day, and I do think it has its good qualities, but in general I can’t stand it. It’s the day where the love birds show their love to each other and the people who haven’t found that special someone yet feel incredibly left out.

The most obvious reason I don’t like Valentine’s Day is that, like many people, I don’t have that love of my life to celebrate the day with yet. It is just a day that reminds me that I still haven’t found my prince charming yet. It is a day that almost forces you to have a boyfriend or girlfriend just so you aren’t the one person who isn’t doing something romantic on Valentine’s Day, which I find to be ridiculous and disgusting. True, I long for the day when my prince charming will get me flowers on Valentine’s Day. But I want to wait for him; I want him to be the right Prince Charming, not someone I picked out just so I didn’t feel left out on some random day in February.

But once someone finds that special someone to show their love to on Valentine’s Day, why does it only have to be on February 14th? If you really love someone you do not need a specific day to show it. You should show your love for that special someone every day of the year. And who said Valentine’s Day had to be a day to only show love to your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, or wife? Why not show love to your family and friends? Everyone deserves to know that someone is thinking about them on Valentine’s Day, and every other day for that matter.

So, this fairytale loving girl will go another Valentine’s Day without finding her Prince Charming, but that won’t stop me from showing everyone else in my life that I love them this Valentine’s Day, and every other day. I hope that you will do the same. Whether you have found your special someone yet or not, show everyone you love them. Whether it be on February 14th, June 23rd, October 5th, or any other random day, never let a day go by without letting the people you love know that you love them. It is easy to forget sometimes, but it means so much.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment